How to repurpose digital content
If you put time and energy into creating something awesome, you want to share it with the world! But some social media platforms require content in a different format to be effective, and great content should be showcased on your site too… Here’s why and how to repurpose digital content to maximize its audience.
We have become so comfortable with creating digital assets that 2.5 quintillion bytes of data are produced every day. This includes 306.4 billion emails, 500 million tweets, 95 million Instagram posts… staggering numbers, day in, day out. So how do you stand out? By creating something great; something thought-provoking, inspiring, informative or funny (to name a few). And when you’ve put in resources to create something worth sharing, it’s worth making the most of it.
How to repurpose blog content
Most businesses now have a blog on their website. It’s a surefire way to add value for customers while pushing up SEO rankings. But it doesn’t have to stop there. A great blog can be repurposed in many ways, such as:
- Find key snippets that can stand alone and post them as social media graphics.
- Revitalize old content by updating an article for the current year (Google loves this in SEO terms too!).
- Record the blog as a video and post it onto YouTube.
- Record soundbites or video snippets of key moments and post them to social media (this tends to do well on LinkedIn and Facebook).
- Collect together blogs on a topic and merge them into an eBook (free or paid).
- Turn them into newsletters, sending content out to customers who may have missed it.
How to repurpose podcast content
Podcasts are an immensely popular option at the moment with coaches, consultants, small businesses and federations all getting in on the action. Podcasts are time-intensive to create (we’ll come back to how to market your podcast in a future post), so you have to use that marketing gold in creative ways. Try:
- Turning a podcast into a blog; this can either be a text version of the same piece or an accompanying piece that will increase its exposure.
- Cut snippets and turn them into audiograms. Audiograms are visual representations of the sound, which make for lively, engaging posts on your social media feeds.
- Turn them into webinars. If it’s an engaging topic and you work as a consultant or coach, present the information live as a free webinar to widen your audience.
- Post behind the scenes and outtakes on LinkedIn Stories or Instagram Stories depending on your audience.
How to repurpose testimonials
If you are a coach, a consultant, or a small business owner, testimonials are an essential part of marketing your business. Yes, they should be on your website, but you can extend that further:
- Cherry-pick the most engaging and add them into your social media post rotation.
- Add one at the end of your newsletter, either as a graphic or in text form.
- Flesh out the best testimonials by combining them with internal data and turning them into case studies to showcase on your website.
Need a hand?
Do you have some great digital content but don’t know how to make the most of it? Or do you need some help creating something worth sharing? Our team would be happy to discuss the next step with you, whatever it may be, so come schedule a chat.
Cyber PR Army. Understand where you want to be, and we’ll help you get there.